09 Nov Lose 4 Pounds
You’re busy prepping for Thanksgiving. The dinner menu is planned. The family members have been given their assignments. Here’s one more task for your holiday food-fest preparations: lose four pounds before the eating-season begins. Yes, you can do this in the next two weeks.
Weight loss success, particularly long-term success, means turning your metabolism up a notch. Do this by eating small amounts of low-calorie, low-fat foods throughout the day, not starving yourself.
Severe calorie-cutting increases the production of cortisol, a hormone your body releases when you’re under stress. Cortisol kicks your body into a survival mode that will make it hoard calories.
Tips to prevent calorie-stockpiling:
- Eliminate sugar in the morning. Foods like juice, low fiber cereal, and white bagels or toast set you up to crave sugar all day.
- Eat your calories early – 70% before late afternoon. Your body burns them more efficiently while you’re still in motion.
- Eat a small amount of fiber before a meal. A teaspoon of flaxseed helps take the edge off hunger.
- Snack on fruit or chopped veggies before dinner. They’re low-cal and filling.
- Cut back on bread. Bread encourages your body to hold extra water weight.
Don’t forget to get enough good sleep. Tiredness can make you crave carbs and fat, increasing your risk of obesity, heart disease and diabetes.