01 Nov Deborah’s Kitchen: “Even a teenager will eat it” Greens Recipe
Posted at 06:31h Recipes 0 Comments
- Wash, dry and chop a large bunch of Swiss Chard (any greens will work)
- Chop up 3-4 cloves of garlic and one large onion or leek.
- In a large sauce pan, or medium heat, sauté the garlic and onions in 1 Tbs of olive oil for about 3 minutes or until the onions get a bit translucent.
- Add the chopped Swiss Chard and sauté (turn the greens every 20 seconds or so as they cook quickly).
- Add 1 Tbs of Balsamic Vinegar to the pan and continue turning and cooking.
I don’t like the greens if they get too soft, so I cook them for about 4-5 minutes. If you like softer greens, cook a bit longer.
Add salt and pepper to your liking.
This is great served as a side dish with chicken, fish or pasta.
Excellent on a cold day!