26 Mar Gluten-Free Butterscotch Banana Bread
What do you do with too many bananas during #quarantine? You make Gluten-Free Butterscotch Banana Bread!
‣ 2-3 very ripe bananas [about 1 ½ cup]
‣ 1/3 cup melted butter or ghee [I ❤️ @ancientorganics] 👉 BUY IT HERE 👈
‣ 1 tsp baking soda
‣ Pinch of salt
‣ ¾ cup sugar [I ❤️ @lakanto Monk Fruit… It’s a no calorie sugar I’ve been experimenting with. Best part? No one can tell it has 0 calories! GREAT for quarantine life if you find yourself snacking too much] 😂 👉 BUY IT HERE 👈
‣ 1 large beaten egg
‣ 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
‣ 1 ½ cup flour [I @bobsredmill Gluten-Free Flour]
‣ 1/3 cup butterscotch chips, optional. [Optional? Why wouldn’t you? 😂 After all, the Monk Fruit sugar is calorie free… might as well live a little!] 😉
❶ Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter/ghee a 4X8 inch loaf pan.
❷ In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas w/a fork until smooth and then still in the melted ghee and mix.
❸ Mix in baking soda and salt. Stir in sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract. Mix in flour.
❹ Add butterscotch chips and mix. 🎉
❺ Pour batter in the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes [or until an inserted knife comes out clean].
⁉️ Why do I use ghee instead of butter? ⁉️
Having a few servings of ghee/day is an excellent way to squeeze in some extra fat-soluble vitamins. It can help boost your intake of #vitaminA, #vitaminE and #vitaminK [all important nutrients that play a role in everything… from maintaining healthy vision to keeping your skin glowing].
When Ghee is made, most of the water is removed so it tastes very ‘buttery,’ which makes this bread taste even more yummy!
👆 Check the link in my bio to read the full recipe AND purchase two of these pertinent ingredients via @amazon 🛒