30 Jan Cowboy Caviar! 😋
Food Prep Fri-Yay! 🎉
I usually food prep on Sunday, but if I wait to post this you won’t have time to buy the ingredients for your Superbowl party… so, we improvise. 🏈
This has got to be the most versatile salad ever. Not only a great midweek meal, but also fantastic for game day.
COWBOY CAVIAR! 😋
- 2 cans of S&W Black Beans [rinsed & drained]
- 1 can of S&W Pinto Beans [rinsed & drained]
- 1 can of corn [rinsed & drained]
- 1 ½ cups of cherry tomatoes [chopped]
- 2 bell peppers [chopped]
- ¾ cup of [chopped] onion
- 1 cup of [chopped] cilantro
- 1-2 jalapeños [ribs removed, seeded and finely chopped]
- 1 avocado [cubed]
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- 3 cloves of garlic [chopped]
- 1 teaspoon of salt, to taste
- 1 tsp of cumin (or your favorite taco seasoning)
- 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, to taste
⓵ In a large serving bowl, mix together all the Cowboy Caviar ingredients [except for the avocado].
⓶ In a separate bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients.
⓷ Pour the dressing over the salad and let the mixture marinate for about 30 minutes.
⓸ Right before serving, add in the avocado —YUM!
Different Ways To Enjoy It:
- On its own with a few chips.
- On top of a green salad, as a big protein and fiber boost.
- Healthy nachos! I slice bell peppers into scoops and arrange on a platter. Top the pepper ‘chips’ with the caviar & add a dollop of guac & salsa.
So, why do I love this recipe SO much? ❤️ Well, beans have both soluble and insoluble fiber [which can help balance blood sugar, remove bad cholesterol & help prevent heart disease]. Due to the high fiber content, you’ll stay fuller longer, meaning you can avoid the late-night grazing or mid-afternoon munchies.
Key point: I try to include beans in my diet at least 3 days per week. 💯