04 Nov Vegan Dip
I’ve been on an elimination diet since July. My physician is trying to get to the root of my digestive issues and I’ve had to cut out most of my favorite foods.
One of the foods I miss the most? DAIRY! I love a big glob of ranch dressing on top of a bowl of chili. And, don’t get me started talking about cheese…
I’ve tried buying a few non-dairy dips and they all taste awful. I got a little stubborn and just thought, fine I will just do without. Then I decided, life is too short to do without, I will just make my own. It took a few attempts but I finally came up with a dip that I actually look forward to eating.
I decided to create a “base” dip that I could modify depending on the type of meal I would be making. For example, if I’m adding this to a bowl of chili, I use cilantro & chopped jalapeños instead of dill & parsley.
- One container of silken tofu to a bowl
- 1 tbsp. of tamari or coconut aminos
- Two chopped cloves of garlic
- Dash of salt & pepper, garlic & onion powder
- Blend in a blender or small hand blender
- General dip for veggies:
- Add 2 Tbsp. of dill, parsley and chopped green onions
- Mexican style dip:
- Add 2 Tbsp. of chopped cilantro, 2 Tbsp. of chopped pickled jalapeños & 2Tbs of the juice from the peppers.
- Mix with a fork and refrigerate for an hour.