30 Apr Fun with Fiber | 5 Foods to Help You Lose Weight Fast!
Okay, so fun probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when you think of fiber, but maybe it should be! What’s more fun that hopping on the scale and finding out that you’ve lost a few pounds? Umm… nothing?
When you eat fiber-rich foods, some of the fat you consume gets caught up along with it and excreted by the body. Fiber steals fat! Isn’t that awesome? It also makes you feel fuller longer, which will reduce your chances of making poor snack choices.
Here are my 5 favorite fiber-filled foods:
1. Pears – Pears are sweet, juicy and low-maintenance. Just wash and enjoy 5.1 grams of fiber per cup. If you’re looking for something fancier, try mixing pear and fig with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Now, that’s a yummy fiber boost. Bonus tip: I add a pear to my green smoothie. It adds a bit of sweetness and a hefty dose of fiber.
2. Pinto beans – Whether or not you like beans, you cannot argue with 15.4 grams of fiber per serving. Pinto beans are also a good vegetarian source of protein. Cook them with garlic, onion and chili powder for an easy, fiber-filled side dish.
3. Raspberries – Did you know that raspberries have twice the fiber of most other fruits? A half cup has four grams of fiber. Add a handful to your morning cereal for an effortless dose of daily fiber.
4. Canned pumpkin – Don’t feel guilty about that pumpkin pie. Just a half cup of pumpkin contains a full 13 grams of fiber. Just imagine the fat flushing from your system! You can swirl some into your morning yogurt or oatmeal with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
5. Pecans – Okay, so maybe pecan pie is not the best choice, but grab a few pecans on the go and you’ll enjoy 5.4 grams of fiber per two ounces (about 40 halves).
DemetriusPosted at 20:53h, 28 August
Excellent post however I was wanting to know if you could
write a little more on this topic? I’d be very thankful if you
could elaborate a little bit more. Thanks!