16 Apr 5 Healthy Habits We All Should Adopt
Have you ever heard advice from someone who is clearly not qualified to offer their two cents? We’ve all been there.
There’s the perpetually-unemployed uncle giving career advice, and the lifelong yo-yo dieter giving nutritional advice. We don’t want to be rude, but we can’t help but think, “Thanks, but no thanks.”
Personally, I give nutritional advice for a living (and LOVE doing so), but I’ll always admit that I’ve learned everything I know from some of the healthiest people in the world. Because I think THAT’S who we should learn from.
So, without further ado, here are the top 5 habits I’ve learned from the uber-healthy.
1. Set a Bedtime. Isn’t being an adult great? You can go to bed whenever you want. Even at 5 a.m. when you have to be up in two hours. That’s not as fun as it sounded when you were a kid, is it? That’s because we feel the cost of sleep deprivation. It’s important to get at least seven hours of sleep every night, and in order to do so, you must stick to a bedtime.
2. Break the Fast, FAST! Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, and it should be eaten within 30 minutes of waking. This will not only ensure that you don’t skip the meal, but it’ll rev up your metabolism for the rest of the day.
3. Plan to Eat. Don’t leave your meals up to chance. Plan them out, so you’ll always have something healthy on hand for when you get hungry.
4. Stay hydrated. Plan to get at least eight glasses of water each day, and try to time it so that you’re drinking a glass about 30 minutes before each meal.
5. Plan for exercise. Healthy people know exactly how and when they are going to exercise each day. Will you be going for a jog or a brisk walk in the early morning? Lay out your running shoes and workout clothes the night before.