27 Jan Deborah’s Kitchen: Saucy Garlic Chicken
- Organic chicken thighs, 5 (5-oz) pieces
- 2 cups of marinara sauce (low or no sugar)
- Onion, chopped, 1 cup
- Garlic, chopped 1/3 cup (I use more, about ½ cup, I love garlic!)
- ¾ cup of pitted kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ cup of chopped flat leaf (fresh) parsley
- 2-3 oz of crumbled Feta cheese
In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbs of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft. Remove onion/garlic mixture from the pan and set aside. Season chicken with sea salt and pepper. Add chicken to the skillet and cook about 5 minutes each side.
Add the onion and garlic mixture on top of the chicken, stir and let cook for 5 minutes. Add the marinara sauce and olives; reduce heat to low and cook until chicken is fully cooked. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.
Spoon chicken and sauce over brown rice or high fiber pasta.