21 Dec Tip-81: My Top 10 Tips for a Healthy 2011
When I was out of shape and unhealthy, it seemed like I craved sugar 24 hours a day. I exaggerated; it was really only 12 hours a day that I craved sugar. It started in the morning with my coffee and cereal, then a big sandwich on white bread (white flour equals sugar), then another sweetened coffee mid-afternoon and of course my little sweet treat after dinner.
For me, the more sugar I ate, the more sugar I craved. When I was overweight, I was consuming about 25 packets (or more) of sugar per day. For me, a healthy level of sugar is about 10 packets per day. When I started my day with sugar (sweet coffee and juice) it seemed to set me up to crave more sugar and crave it all day long. I discovered that if I ate a high protein breakfast, with little or no sugar, I had fewer sugar cravings throughout the day.
Here are examples of my favorite high protein, low sugar breakfasts:
- Egg and whole grain toast.
- Turkey bacon and egg on high fiber English muffin.
- Turkey lunch meat on an English muffin with low fat cream cheese and mustard.
Why get rid of sugar? For me, sugar made me feel shaky, anxious and I experienced an energy crash afterward. Sugar can shut down your immune system for three to five hours after consumption.
Tips on how to kill your sweet tooth:
- Stay hydrated. When you stay hydrated, in general, you will make smarter decisions in regards to food.
- Get enough sleep. When you have a bad night of sleep (less than 6.5 hours) your body will naturally begin craving more sugar (or white flour) in an effort to help you feel more alert.
- Pack a protein snack for those times during the day when you start feeling tired. Fatigue and sugar cravings go hand in hand. My favorite protein snack? Almonds, walnuts, string cheese or peanut butter on an apple.
As a special treat, if you become a Facebook fan of popchips, you can download a $1 off coupon for your next popchips purchase. Click here http://popchi.ps/hnPjlH.
JohnAdledPosted at 21:17h, 20 April
Excellent post! Really loved it, havent seen an artice this good in a while.
design booth pameran jakartaPosted at 07:31h, 25 March
Wonderful site you have here but I was curious if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics discussed in this article?
I’d really love to be a part of online community where I can
get advice from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest.
If you have any suggestions, please let me
know. Appreciate it!
AnonymousPosted at 04:48h, 07 May
This Post s really nice!!!