01 Sep Deborah’s Kitchen: My Favorite Beet Salad
- 2 pound(s) beets, medium-size
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 stalk(s) celery, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Divide beets between 2 pieces of foil; bring edges together and crimp to make packets. Roast until the beets are just tender when pierced with the point of a knife, about 1 1/4 hours. Unwrap the beets and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl to make dressing.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, slip off the skins. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Add celery, shallot and the dressing; toss to coat well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Tips & Techniques
Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Recipe from www.delish.com