24 Aug The HealthStyle File- Prescription Drugs
Medicines are expensive and often have side effects. But almost every drug on the market has some sort of side effect. Sometimes the side effect is minor, but often the list of possible problems can take up an entire page! I’m not telling you to avoid medication, but what I am saying is that changing what you eat and drink can have a huge (and positive) effect on your health.
We often do need medicines to be healed from illnesses and diseases. These medicines can work more effectively when used in conjunction with the right foods.
How to help heal your body with food:
1. Increase your fiber.
2. Eat foods w/out trans-fats or hydrogenated fats.
3. Eat more almonds.
4. Eat more apples and beets.
5. Eat more blueberries! Some studies have shown that these berries can lower your cholesterol as much as statin drugs.
- High Blood Pressure
1. Eat more fruits and veggies.
2. Eat 4 stalks of celery per day.
3. Add alfalfa sprouts to your diet.
4. Drink more water throughout the day.
1. Cinnamon, ½ tsp a day can lower blood sugar levels.
2. Eat more fiber. A high fiber diet can lower blood sugar levels and prevent a rise in blood sugar levels.
3. Lose weight. Just losing five pounds can reduce your risk by 58%.