09 Jun Deborah’s Kitchen- Open Face Tacos
- 1 pound of organic ground beef
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed to remove sodium
- ½ container of salsa
- Beef broth
- 1 lime
- Green salad
- Cheese, grated
- Baked Chips (Pop Chips: cheese or salt and pepper flavor work well here)
Sauté organic beef in one tablespoon of olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the can of refried beans and the strained black beans. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add one cup of beef broth and ½ small container of salsa and let simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add the juice of one lime to the mixture. Get a plate and cover it with baked chips. Put the taco mixture onto the chips and then add green salad, salsa, and grated cheese.
Leftover Meal Options:
- Breakfast/lunch burrito can be made with the leftover taco mixture and scrambled eggs placed in a warm tortilla.
- Turn into a taco salad at work the next day. Bring the salad and chips separately, put together with the leftover taco meat. Add salsa as your dressing and some sliced avocado. This is an excellent high protein and high energy afternoon meal.
pharmacy technician schoolsPosted at 23:27h, 09 June
Wow this is a great resource.. I’m enjoying it.. good article