14 Jun Deborah’s Kitchen- Noodle Veggie Salad
- 1 pound of whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/3 bag of broccoli florets (Costco, so yes, the BIG bag)
- ½ bag of sugar snap peas (Costco)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice (about two limes)
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or to your taste)
- 1.5 inch of ginger (grated)
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
Cook the pasta according to directions (cooking time around 9 minutes). After 8 minutes of cooking the noodles, add the snap peas to the pot and cover it with the lid; 30 seconds later, add the broccoli to the pot. So the snap peas cook with the pasta for 1 min and the broccoli cooks with the pasta for 30 seconds. Then pour the pasta and veggies into a strainer and rinse with cold water for twenty seconds. Put all the ingredients for the salad dressing in a blender. Blend until the consistency is smooth. Add the salad dressing to the pasta and enjoy.
Leftover Meal Options:
- For a snack, put uncooked broccoli and snap peas into a bag to take to work.
- Take leftover pasta to work, but add a protein source (ex: can of chicken, can of tuna, or add peanuts) to boost the protein content for an energizing lunch.