21 Jun Deborah’s Kitchen- Lettuce Wraps
- ½ chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced ginger root*
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 cup packaged shredded cabbage and carrot mix (broccoli salad kit)
- 3 scallions, chopped on an angle
- ½ cup plum sauce*
- 2 cups basil leaves, loosely packed*
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce*
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, cut into half again
- ½ seedless cucumber, chopped
Heat a large skilled. Add olive oil, then chicken. Cook chicken 1 minute. Add the ginger, garlic, peppers, cabbage and carrot mix and scallions and stir-fry another 2 minutes. Add plum sauce to glaze the mixture, toss 1 minute, then add basil and wilt leaves. Add fish sauce and turn to coat. Transfer cooked chicken and vegetables to a bowl (you can sprinkle on a bit of red pepper flakes if you’d like to add some heat to the dish). Place spoonfuls of chicken mixture onto a piece of lettuce with cucumber and fold lettuce over to eat, like small tacos.
Leftover Meal Options:
- Take leftover chicken mixture and serve over brown rice or quinoa.
- Can be a good filling for a wrap, but has a tendency to be juicy, so make sure you add lettuce to your wrap.
TIP: Save any leftover red peppers for a high-Vitamin C snack.
* Pantry items