07 Jun Deborah’s Kitchen- Hurried Curry Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- ½ Rotisserie Chicken
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 4 scallions, chopped on an angle
- 1 cup plain yogurt OR reduced fat mayo
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ cup mango
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) sliced smoked almonds, cashews or walnuts
Combine meat, celery, red grapes, carrot, mango, nuts and scallions. Add yogurt (or mayo) and curry to the salad and toss to evenly distribute the curry. Season the salad with salt and pepper, to your taste.
Leftover Meal Options:
- For lunch the next day, place your leftovers in a pita or high-fiber tortilla for a nutritious sandwich.
- Another option would be to place the leftovers on a green salad for a high-protein delicious meal.
- Hollow out a tomato or bell pepper and fill with the salad for high energy lunch.
- Place a scoop of the salad on top of brown rice or Quinoa and round out by adding in a side of sliced veggies or fruit salad.